-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Monday, May 28, 2012

Fearless

I have been  done with this book for a couple of weeks but wanted to post my review on Memorial Day as a special tribute to Adam Brown. What a story, what a hero that sacrificed it all so we can live in a free country.  Thank you Adam Brown and all the special military men and women who sacrifice so much.  I have a daughter in the Army and I appreciate the military so much more just knowing what she deals with.  That is one of the reasons I picked this book to review.

This is by far one of the best books I have ever read.  Adam Brown's life was far from normal in many ways. He was a fun loving boy from Arkansas who was a real daredevil and his life was turned upside down from drugs and eventually jail time.  He finally got his life together and with help became a member of the Navy Seals.  It is so unbelievable what these men go through to become a seal-absolute torture and only " the strong survive".  Adam was one of the most determined men who would not take no for an answer-he would find a way. His determination was also fueled by his faith, family, and the love of a special woman who stood by him through thick and thin, problems and injuries and loved him deeply.  Adam would not let being blinded in one eye deter him, he learned to shoot with the other arm-nothing would keep him from reaching his goal. Adam would always volunteer for the most dangerous assignments and on March 17, 2010 was his final act of bravery that led to the ultimate sacrifice.  He was a true warrior who was "fearless"

I knew how the book ended before I read it, but I so wanted the outcome to be different.  I will reread this book again because of the special person Adam Brown was and how we all could learn from him to be a better person and to remind me what true sacrifice is. Thank you Adam Brown for loving this great country enough to give you life defending America.

Thanks to Waterbrook/Multnomah for letting me review this book for free just for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment