-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Deposit Slip

Ten million dollars is missing after Erin Larson's fathers death. As she searches his deposit box at the bank, she finds a worn and tattered deposit slip saying he deposited that money in the bank.  The bank has no record-now what. That is the storyline from a new book by Todd Johnson.
Erin has hired lawyers in the past to help, but of no avail.  She hires Jared Neaton who really wants to help but wants the money more. He is up against a shady law firm who is making Jared's life and work extremely hard.  He wants to help Erin, but he could lose everything or he could gain a lot of money. As he digs deeper he discovers something very dangerous and the people who want this to never come to trial are making threats to both Jared and Erin. 
I found this a very good legal thriller, especially since the author is a lawyer.  The storyline kept my interest, but one thing bothered me.  Bethany is a Christian publisher and I found very little Christian emphasis or God working in their lives and that is what keeps me reading Christian fiction.  Otherwise, this is a well written book.
Thank you Bethany Publishers for sending me this book free just for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment