-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Love Letters From God

This is, by far, one of the cutest books for girls on the market. These are bible studies for a girl's heart and along with the gorgeous pictures, this book is a keeper.
Very clever concept.  What girl doesn't love to receive mail? Each page has a lift-the-flap picture book designed just for girls. They can open and read their own personal mail from God and learn about stories in the bible. The author has included stories about: Eve, Miriam, Rahab, Deborah, Hannah, Naaman's servant girl, Esther and Mary the mother of Jesus. Also included is the Samaritan woman at the well, the woman caught in sin, Martha, the widow mite woman, Mary that anoints Jesus' feet and Mary Magdalene at the Resurrection.

Here is an excerpt from Esther(one of my favorite stories) and how she was a prayerful girl.  You read the story of Esther 2-8. The page also has a scripture verse called God's wonderful words to you. This one is Psalm 50:15. Call out to me when trouble comes. I will save you. Then you lift the flap to read God's letter which ties in with the biblical story.  Dear_____ I am so glad Queen Esther call out to me when she was worried.  She knew that I was the only one who could save her and her people.  What do you do when trouble comes your way?  I hope you remember to call out to me. Pray, pray, pray, like Queen Esther did.  I am always there, right by your side, ready to listen, ready to bring you hope.  Your Friend, God.

This book is just as much fun for adults to read as little children.  My granddaughter thought it was very special and loved the pictures. I encourage you to find this for the special little girl in your life..she will love it and you for purchasing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment