-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Thursday, November 30, 2017

The Delusion

Cover: The DelusionI was very intrigued by Laura Gallier's new book called The Delusion after reading a short synopsis of the story line. I love Christian suspense and thought this was right up my alley of reading. Come to find out it was a young adult/fantasy book.  I left it on the table for quite a while before tackling the book. As I read  and read, I just was not getting the gist of the story and figured I would give it to page 100 to see if I could finish it. Around page 85, I got it! The author completely has me engrossed in the story and it became a page turner for me.

Owen Edmond had to move in the middle of his senior year of high school.  He is now the new guy at Masonville High School where eleven students have committed suicide.  They may have died by their own hands, but their deaths were provoked and he is the only one who could see what tormented them. Owen has endured a near death experience and wakes to a distressing reality. The people around him suddenly appear to be shackled and enslaved. He thinks these are crazed hallucinations but his delusions become more evil. He is the only one who can see these hideous beings that are preying on his girlfriend and classmates. Is Owen imagining the evil or is everyone blind to its reality?  How can Owen convince anyone to believe him before it is too late. An interesting paragraph in the story. "People are enslaved by their own evil attitudes and impulses-their hard hearts. Dark forces exploit that.  Prey on people's brokenness.  Thrive in a culture of unbelief. What do they want from us?  Surely you know by now..our souls.  Cut off from the light.  For eternity.
Can Owen find the truth and what he believes before it's too late?  You have to read this  story for yourself to find that answer.

This is one book I am so glad I read.  I always loved Frank Peretti's books on spiritual warfare and  this author writes an amazing book on the supernatural.  Please read..you will not be disappointed.

Thanks to Tyndale Publishers for this free book just for my honest opinion.https://files.tyndale.com/thpdata/firstChapters/978-1-4964-2236-1.pdf
 http://www.lauragallier.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment