-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Desert Gift

I just finished Desert Gift by Sally John and it was one of those books where I read other reviews on this book and went ahead and picked this to read. I got this book free from Tyndale Publishers for my honest opinion. So my honest opinion is: it was just ok. I struggled with the plot-very uninteresting and way too long. The book and plot seemed to drag on forever till I got to the end. The characters seemed so trite and focused on themselves which got tiring after a while.
The story plot about Jillian Galloway being a successful radio talk show host and known as a marriage expert. She has a new book out and is leaving on a book tour when her husband tells her he wants a divorce. She is wondering if her whole life is a sham and how can she get her marriage back. This is supposed to be a book about unexpected detours that our lives can take and how God is always at work. There was some of that but mostly I felt the book just rambled on and on. Very seldom do I not like a Christian book and I am sure she is a great author, but this book left me relieved when I turned the last page.

1 comment:

Daveana said...

Vicky, I read this one too! And let me tell you. It was way better than the first one I read of hers. So, progress?

Post a Comment