-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Thursday, May 26, 2011

More Library Reads

I love my library! Now that I don't work at a Christian bookstore where I had lots of books at my fingertips to read and enjoy-my library is my new best friend. They have been so good to order books I have asked for and the first two were ones I asked for.

Beneath the Night Tree by Nicole Baart. This is her third book in her series about Julia Desmit and her life from when she became a single mother and the trials that followed. The first book was After the Leaves Fall, the second was Summer Snow. Each of her books are extremely well written and very hard to put down. I found myself mesmerised by the storyline and what all she goes thru with her unorthodox family. All the books are stories about a young girl's struggle with loss, love, identity and faith with characters that are hard to forget and a story that you won't forget either. These are books that I would reread again-they are that good!!

Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl was one I couldn't wait to get my hands on to read. This is her third in the Triple Threat Novel series and WOW was it good. I read half the first night and finished it the next night-very unusual for me. The story is about a cunning lady serial killer and three professional women caught up in her world. This is a fast paced thriller with lots of twist and turns that keep you turning pages like I did till I finished it. The only problem is I have to wait till fall for another book by this author. I highly recommend he Hand of Fate and Face of Betrayal books in the Triple Threat series. She will be one of your" new favorite authors" like me.

One Step at a Time by Josh Bleill was a book I found thru the Indianapolis Star and it was fabulous. It is the story of a marine from Greenfield, Indiana that is injured critically in Iraq by and IED. He loses both legs and lots of other injuries. He also lost two of his best friends which was probably the hardest of all. It is a story of his journey from enlistment, active duty in Iraq and two years of rehab and then his job with the Indianapolis Colts as a community spokesperson. You will fall in love with his faith, his enthusiasm, joy, humor but most of all his dependence on God to keep him going. This was a book that just flowed and how even when life doesn't turn out how we think it should-God still has great plans to use us not matter if we are missing legs there is still a way to go forward-one step at a time. I have a daughter in the Army and this book shows me just how the military people are there for each other and really take care of each other-quite a big family of support.

No comments:

Post a Comment