-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Monday, July 25, 2011

Inside Threat

Inside Threat by Jason Elam and Steve Yohn is the 4th book of the Riley Covington series. I picked this book to review from Tyndale without reading the other three. I figured each book would be a story in itself and the beginning of the book filled me in on lots of Riley's background. To be honest, I was not sure I could finish this book. The first 196 pages drug for me-it was an effort to pick the book up to continue reading but I kept on and was glad I did. On page 200 the action and real storyline begin and WOW, it was hard to put down.

Riley Covington is a football player who also, in the previous books was in the military fighting terrorists. There is a bunch of homegrown Islamic terrorists who kill a prominent senator and during his funeral, this group overruns the National Cathedral and takes members of Congress and others hostage. What Riley finds out is that his former girlfriend Khadi is part of that hostage crisis. Riley devises a dangerous rescue plan which really puts you on the edge of your seat. Can't tell you more-must read the book to find out how and if he succeeds.
The scary part of this book is that it could have come from the headlines of the newspaper instead of the authors head. We never know what evil lurks around the corner but the co-authors have put lots of scripture throughout this book and we, as Christians, know the "end of the story"

Thank you so much to Tyndale Publishers for this free book just for my honest opinion. I will be picking up the other 3 Riley Covington books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment