-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Crossing

The Crossing by Serita Jakes captivated me from page one till the last page. I usually look for suspense books to read and the summary of this book intrigued me. I believe this is the author's first book and I sure hope it is not her last. She really has a talent for the written word that was laced with scripture, and a storyline that kept me turning pages and always trying to figure out "who did it".
The storyline is a decade old murder. A gunman boarded a school bus coming back from a football game. The cheerleading coach-BJ Remington was killed and the star quarterback was hit with a bullet that changed his football career and his future. The killer was never found and for ten years Claudia relives that fateful day that her best friend BJ was killed. She has married and her husband is a DA who is determined to uncover just who murdered BJ and put his wife's nightmares to rest.

That is just the beginning of what turns out to be a superb murder mystery but with so much human emotion that encompses each page. She deals with a different character with each chapter which I found to be interesting and added so much to the story. My absolute favorite part was when BJ was dying on the bus and how she looks back over her life and recounts different things that happened with her parents, her faith and how in the end "there is no fear in this death". The author does an amazing job of proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ and the salvation that is available to all who ask. What a book for a non-believer. The ending may surprise you on who actually did the killing.


This is one of those books I will reread just because of the message Mrs. Jakes delivers with this novel. I thank Waterbrook/Multnomah for sending me this book free for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment