-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wrapped in Rain

When I worked at a Christian Book store many customers would tell me how great an author Charles Martin was. I actually bought two of his books that are in my bookcase still waiting to be read. I picked this from Booksneeze to review and knew it was a repackaging but it sounded so good.

My, oh my, oh my-it was not just good, it was superb. This has to be one of the most heartwarming books I have ever read. As you read this story you laugh at some pages, you are enraged at some pages, and there are tears at some pages. He covers so much emotion and his writing style is so unique that I found myself so engrossed in reading and loving and rooting for the characters in a way I have never done before.

The main character Tucker Mason (Rain) has had a childhood straight from the pits of Hell with and evil father who doesn't care a lick for him or his brother Mutt. All the father cares about is making money and lots of it along with alcohol binges. Tuck and Mutt were raised by Miss Ella Rain who loves these two boys like her own. She is the only stable person in their lives and she is a Christian who instills the scriptures in their lives along with prayers to cover the evil they all endure. I was so amazed that one person could be so evil to everyone around them. Tucker is forced to return home and face his own tragic past along with Mutt who has escaped from a mental hospital with lots of problems of his own. Also enter a former girlfriend with a five year old son running from an estranged husband. Put these all together and you have one amazing story. At the end of the book and really all the way through, I wished I could have had a Miss Ella in my childhood. I loved how Tucker could still hear her voice and her prayers even after she had died and how he would talk back to her.
This book really shows how forgiveness and redemption can change lives along with peace and grace only found through our amazing Lord and Savior.

I would give this book 10 stars if I could. I am heading to my bookcase to read the other books I have by Charles Martin and I bet they will be as good as this one.

Thank you Thomas Nelson for sending me this copy free to review for my honest opinion,

No comments:

Post a Comment