-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Monday, September 26, 2011

Attracted to Fire

One thing is for sure with me-when I select a Diann Mills book to read, I always know it will be great. Her latest book, Attracted to Fire did not let me down with the storyline, suspense, romance and ending. It is a fast paced read and what I found most intriguing was what the Secret Service does and how they go above and beyond to protect their detail.

The story encompases around two agents protecting the vice president's rebellious daughter when threats are made against her life. The two agents, Megan who has a dream of protecting the president, and the agent in charge, Ash who has a reputation for being critical and exacting need to find out who is behind the threats. Not only threats but agents are killed, security on the ranch is breached and who is really behind everything. That is just a teaser about the storyline. I found myself engrossed in the plot and trying to figure out just who is the culprit and why. It came as a surprise how it all came together in the end. It had all the earmarks of a political intrigue plot and could that ever happen today?

Loved the main characters Megan and Ash and how their competitiveness and drive started out and how they found each other beyond the job of Secret Service agents. The author left their story open for continuation and I hope she writes more about them and the "rest of the story" of their lives. If you have not read any of Diann Mills books, you are missing a superb writer-both historical and suspense.

Thank you Tyndale Publishers for sending me this free book for my honest review of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment