-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half

I was excited to see this as a book we could review since I love "saving money". Thank you Thomas Nelson for this insightful book to read and review.
I lost my job last year when the Christian Book store I worked for closed. That put a whole new outlook on how to shop and save money. I started coupon clipping and that was a wonderful cost cutting measure. Now, that everyone is doing it, the coupon world has changed. That is why this book is so valuable. It showed me ways to cut costs and eat healthy without clipping coupons. My favorite chapter was -Cooking That Will Save You Time, Money, and Sanity. There are tons of ideas from buying in bulk, once a month cooking, make haste not waste and how to stretch cooking and leftovers. There is also a chapter for organizing and stockpiling which is very helpful in saving money. I learned new tips on how easy it is to freeze things I did not know you could freeze. Another fun chapter is on Money Saving Tools-great tips on time savers from pots and pans to slow cookers. In each chapter there are tips from ladies all over the U.S. which are interesting. The extra bonus is recipes in the back which I can't wait to try. This is a wonderful informative book-great for singles, newlyweds, and empty nesters. We all want to save money and the Economides have really nailed how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment