-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Falling Away

This is a hard review to write because I usually LOVE Christian Fiction books, but this book by T.L. Hines left me glad I did not pay for this book. Thank you Thomas Nelson for this free book for my honest opinion and review. Dylan Runs Ahead has been running from his calling, his troubles, and his demons. His demons just caught up. That really sounds like an interesting plot so I tried, really tried to read this book. Dylan is a former soldier who turns into a drug addict after being wounded in Iraq. The story revolves around a drug bust gone bad and his running from that problem. Enter Quinn who is "chosen" and trying to save Dylan and his calling. That is about the only thing I really understood. The story jumped around too much in time and the characters. I had trouble figuring what was going on. I read to page 162 and then skipped to last chapter (never do that) to end this misery and put it to rest. I thought it would be good but it was hard to pick up and keep reading. I also did not enjoy the aspects of self mutilating behaviors and OCD to deal with pain and tension. I have two other T.L. Hines books in my bookcase-hope they are better than this one

2 comments:

Daveana said...

Vicky Dear! Glad to see you're still reviewing! You should add pictures!

I love you! Hope things are going well!

grammyg said...

I would if I could remember how to!!! My sheets don't make sense to me anymore-go figure!!
Hope you are well and I miss you too
Love you lots

Post a Comment