-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Friday, September 10, 2010

Out Live Your Life

I am reviewing Max Lucado's newest book Out Live Your Life which I received from Thomas Nelson for my honest review of this book. What a joy to read Max!!!. He is such a gifted storyteller that always packs a punch. This book especially made me examine myself and see if I was making a difference in this difficult time. His chapter of Stand Up for the Have-Not's was humbling ,for sure. There are great organizations like World Vision, Compassion International that are trying to help the poor. Poverty is not the lack of charity but the lack of justice. Again, no one can do everything, but everyone can do something. What a call to action but how do we start--get out of our comfort zones is a great way to begin. It all boils down to-none of us can help everyone but all of us can help someone. And when we help them, we serve Jesus. Do we really want to miss a chance to do that? This is a book to read, digest, read, digest and re-read again. Absolutely loved the scripture and prayers at the end of each chapter. There is also included in the back a discussion and action guide for each chapter. Great for small groups to do or individually but adresses just how to put what Max has written into action. That is a huge help. Max is my favorite author and consider it a privilege to read and blog about his books. Can't wait for his next one but for now I will be trying to" Out Live My Life".

No comments:

Post a Comment