-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Friday, November 12, 2010

Amy Inspired

I received Amy Inspired by Bethany Pierce free from Bethany House Publishers which is my first from them and I was very excited. First of all, I absolutely love Christian fiction so I figured I would like this book. I really tried to like this book but I am afraid I honestly did not. I read part one which was 94 pages and then skipped to the last two chapters- I never do that normally. It was one of those books that did not excite me to pick up and read. I actually found the characters dull, the storyline seemed to be going nowhere. It reminded me of the authors story of how she became a writer-I may be way off base here, but that's what it seemed. What I read did not relay any Christian aspects in this book-not seeking God in anything.
Amy is an writer suffering from writers block and lots of rejection letters from publishers. She meets a mysterious and unavailable guy and struggles to walk the fine line between friendship and something more with him. Will she play it safe or follow her dream.
I wanted to like this book and do so appreciate Bethany House Publishers the chance to review this book for free but in the end, I just did not enjoy it.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hi Vicky! I just checked this book out from the library. I liked her first book, Feeling for Bones. I'll let you know! :)

Post a Comment