-- Grace Elizabeth --

-- Grace Elizabeth --

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Real Skinny on Losing It

Just finished this book by Michelle Mckinney Hammond on as she says "true confessions and divine revelations of a former yo-yo dieter. This was a very easy and enjoyable read. Yes, there were parts that we as "dieters" have heard time and time again, but there was a lot I learned and pondered about as I read this book. She writes very honestly about her struggles and the highs and lows she has experienced with so called "fad diets" and she names quite a few of them. She gives advice and shows how God is at the helm and our bodies are a temple and we need to remember that when we keep throwing junk into it. She explains we want short term, quick fix, drastic diets so we can lose it and be happy!!. Nothing in life is like that so she shows how she finally won the diet battle and what worked for her. I especially liked the chapter on the ABS diet and what all that entailed along with what foods are power foods. Each chapter is devoted to certain topics which were so helpful . At the end of each chapter was a section called Keeping it real which summarized what we read in the chapter and then Diva reflections which were very interesting. I will probably reread these often as I restart my "diet" again for the good of my health. Loved the recipes in back. I appreciate how she helped me understand what the real issue is-my heart and mind. Thank you Tyndale Publishers for sending this free for my honest opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment